We’re at the doorstep to a new year, so there’s no better time than the present to check your site for security risks and brush up on your security habits.
Areas to focus on to get you started:
- Have all security patches been applied? (ask us to check or start with a free patch scanner at magereport.com)
- Have you changed your password recently?
- Have you run anti-virus/anti-malware scans on all computers/devices that access your store’s backend?
- Is your store’s backend URL unique?
- Do you have a backup plan in place?
- Is all the software in your site’s software stack updated/patched? (including Magento, WordPress, server side code such as PHP, etc)
- Are you adhering to the appropriate PCI Compliance level?
- Have you run, at the very least, an external malware scan on your site? (running one from the server side is always recommended, but a quick scan from Quttera or similar tool will quickly show you if you have any major problems)
- Have you been blacklisted? (here’s a good tool)
Hope that helps! Contact us if we can help out with anything or if you have any questions. Here’s to a safe & secure 2017!
Ps – Here’s some more security tips from a previous blog post: Magento Security Tips